Résumé for Justin Ober
Last updated 10/26/2010
Bard College at Simon’s Rock Great Barrington, MA
Web Editor and Special Events Coordinator
Worked closely with College staff, faculty and other constituents to design and create effective, high-quality online and print communications pieces.
Maintained the College’s web site, as well as Facebook pages, Flickr account and other third-party electronic media.
Worked with College Relations staff to develop online marketing and communications strategies for the College and for specific initiatives.
Planned and implemented new online content for the College, including: web galleries, integrated online video from planning to post-production, recurring audio content, and written articles.
Wrote Python portlets for College web site to create and maintain efficient and reliable information flow from single-source documents to multiple web outlets.
- Developed College's first integrated email marketing system.
- Created business processes to coordinate email marketing campaigns across departments, sharing mailing list information, campaign schedules and other critical data to integrate marketing and operational goals.
- Created customized print and online (wiki) user guides for new system from single-source documentation.
- Wrote an interactive online Employee Handbook from a legacy print document; interactive guide effectively replaced print guide as master documentation.
- Managed special events on campus, working with College staff, campus partners and other institutions to coordinate logistics for recurring and one-off College events of all sizes.
- Point of contact between Campus administration, visiting guests, temporary resident institutions, and service providers; implemented online and in-person communications plans to create and support a productive working relationship with all involved parties.
- Modernized Development Office outreach processes to eliminate overlapping or duplicate documentation and associated errors. Streamlined a complicated manual system of multiple printed documents and checklists into one integrated, self-contained spreadsheet.
- Numerous and diverse other responsibilities as assigned.
New England Educational Institute Pittsfield, MA
Registrar, Director of HomeStudy
Traveled extensively throughout the United States to coordinate and present accredited continuing medical education seminars for mental health professionals.
Enhanced marketing for new distance-learning programs and produced new product titles.
Major responsibilities involved: coordinating travel schedules for multiple guest lecturers and staff, proofreading and editing marketing materials, maintaining and operating AV equipment, and traveling to 30+ one-day seminars and three multi-week seminars to process participant enrollments.
Extensive office work supporting coworkers and administrative projects.
Completed a major grant-writing project which brought in over $50k in financial support for the Institute's independent educational programs.
Tracked submissions to multiple pharmaceutical grant programs for several dozen separate educational courses. Maintained database of submissions with granularity down to paragraph level.
Advanced Career Technologies Framingham, MA
Education Coordinator, Academic Program Manager
Class of 2001
Primary responsibilities included: accurately maintaining multiple class schedules at twelve campuses from Maryland to Massachusetts, coordinating lists of required courseware for over a dozen educational programs, communicating courseware updates to vendors and suppliers, and ordering proprietary class materials on behalf of staff, faculty and students.
Simultaneously tracked student enrollment and progression, student payment schedules, campus Accounts Receivable goals, Admission goals and courseware purchases for multiple concurrent programs at twelve campuses spread across four states.
Established and enforced common data standards to optimize information sharing across the organization.
Developed database reports to provide custom data views to campus operations staff.
- Created robust and scalable document creation and distribution procedures to streamline operations in and between campuses.
- Conducted weekly teleconferences with campus representatives to promote sharing institutional knowledge and solutions; fostered close collaboration and strong working relationships among widely distributed staff members.
- Collaborated with staff at all campuses on Education-related activities, supervised implementation of program, curriculum and infrastructure upgrades, and worked with IS, Education and Business Departments to oversee general administrative tasks at campuses and Corporate Headquarters.
- Partnered with IS staff to create an automated, web-based tool for making multiple interdependent updates simultaneously to the course schedule database.
- Worked regularly with Education Coordinators and Campus Directors at all campuses to ensure consistently high student satisfaction rates and to provide administrative and managerial support wherever needed.
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
North Dartmouth, MA
Bachelor of Arts: English (Writing/Communications)
Impeccable communications skills, with a focus on writing for diverse technical and non-technical audiences in online publications and social media outlets. Very skilled in public speaking and presentations in formal and informal settings.
Very experienced with Windows and Macintosh platforms, familiar with most common Linux distributions.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, OpenOffice, Adobe Creative Suite and other common business and creative software titles, as well as a wide variety of multimedia document creation tools.
Extensive background in customer-centric marketing and in adapting a variety of traditional communications materials to specialized online audiences.
Highly skilled online communicator; extremely adept with using and administering web-based discussion groups, document stores, wikis, blogs, document templates and other tools to ensure effective and timely communications between distributed constituents.